Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Wow I just noticed that this is my 300th post...crazy.
Monday, December 21, 2009
I feel everything happens for a reason and sometimes we are blessed to know the reasons and sometimes we don't ever know. I have seen many small miracles in my life and as I sat this morning holding my youngest (she isn't feeling well today) and rocking her I couldn't help but feel that being a mother is one of the greatest miracles I experience everyday. Too bad it takes sweet moments like when our children fall asleep on our laps or the laughter we hear from them and sadly, the loss of someone to help us remember that.
Everyone has new years resolutions-lose weight, do more acts of service, save up money for a vacation, etc. But my goal -and hopefully it is something that will stay as a habit with me, is to always remember the blessings that are mine and to do as Elder Bednar encouraged us in the last Oct conference ;"Express love and show it."
I never want to question whether my children and husband know how much I love them and how proud I am of them. They are so special to me and I hope that I will be able to show them that more than I do now-and also to find many ways to express it as well.
Friday, December 18, 2009
Rigtht now-I have one out of place and it's affecting my right hip-which i think is out of place as well. I am going to try to get into a chiropracter to get adjusted as best as I can before it gets worse. My hip went out with Brooke and I remember after she was born it was still out (probably because she got stuck and the dr. literally twisted and yanked to get her shoulders out) Say OUCH. I remember at times I would put weight on my right leg-it would give out on me -which scared me knowing I was carrying an infant most the time. I always made sure I had something to lean on for support. It was horrible. I really don't want to deal with that again.
My dr will induce me early with this one-no matter how much I don't want to. My kids have jumped 1 1/2 pounds with each one and that would make this baby roughly 11 1/2 lbs-no thanks, I'll pass. For those of you who wonder if it's because I gain alot during my pregnancies, this is what I have gained with each of my pregnancies and how big each of the babies were:
Whitney gained 17 lbs she weighed 6 lb 14 oz (lost 20 to begin with gained that back +the 17)
Amber gained 17 lbs she weighed 8 lbs 1 oz (lost 10 " ")
Brooke gained 26 lbs she weighed 9lbs 9 oz. (lost 8 to begin with, gained it back + the 26)
Baby 4 so far 15 lbs gained (none lost-i'm scared already)
My sisters used to say that I was lucky to get morning sickness because I didn't ever gain much and didn't get any stretchmarks like them. Well I can now brag that I have my very first stretchmark ever on my stomach-right above my belly button. Not something any pregnant woman would boast of-but for me I feel with my last pregnancy it's nice to say that I have had at least one- I am sure I will get more, since I have 3 more months of stomach stretching that will occur-so sisters beware-you might get sick with your next babies...ha ha. Just kidding. I would never wish this on anyone.
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
1. Jakob and Kathryn's contemporary piece-loved this -My favorite for the season-I couldn't wait until these two got to dance together and I was totally left satisfied and in awe afterward. These two should get married and have kids-don't you think??? ha ha.
2. Ashleigh and Ryan's contemp.-I was so moved by them dancing as a married couple and I don't agreee with Nigel at all about Ashleigh having more chemistry with her former partner than her own husband-this was just so special to watch-I was close to tears.
3. Ryan and Kathryn's Samba-brave for Ryan to go shoeless with Kathryn in those heels-this is one my favorite sambas on this show ever -that ending was crazy awesome!
3. Ashleigh and Russels' lyrical jazz-so many beautiful parts in the choreography-loved the story.
4. Jakob and Ashleighs Foxtrot-so fun and lively-loved seeing these guys back together.
5. Jakob and Ellenore's broadway-both fantastic in this-both so technically on.
6. Russel and Kathryn's krump/hip hop routine-it was okay-I am not a big krump fan..sorry.
6. Ellinore and Ryans wierd jazz routine-i thought both did a great job and I liked it-felt it showed ryan's growth alot.
6. Ellenore and Russels Paso doble-Finally ellenore came alive to me as an audienc in this.
If Jakob doesn't win-Kathryn should. I would be disappointed in Elinore or Russell won and just a bit shocked if Ashleigh or Ryan did..
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
5. Orange Rolls Baking
6. Hot Wassail
Whenever I smell an orange-it's got me thinking Christmas.
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Wednesday, December 09, 2009
And we got our Christmas tree this week and have been decorating it the last two days. I will post pictures when it's all done.
1. Ryan and Kathryns' cha cha (executed perfectly)
2. Molee and Jakobs Broadway (loved this for so many reasons)
3. Molee and Jakob's V. Waltz (Just wonderful to watch-so fluid through-out)
4. Ryan and kathryn's Disco ( Very fun and would have liked Ryan in a lighter-colored shirt)
5. Russel's Baliwood routine (He is doing so great with every style given him!!)
6. Ellenore and Legacy's contemporary (I think I didn't like the musicality in the beginning)
7. Russel's Hip Hop (I would have really enjoyed seeing Ashleigh in this routine but liked it)
8. Ellenore and Legacy's hip hop (There were some good moments in here that I thought were cool-but Ellenore for some reason-just kind of felt to me that she was trying to keep up with Legacy and was getting left behind)
Based on Last nights' performances I think Legacy is the guy to go home and a toss up between Ellenore and Ashleigh-only because I think her injury may limit her in the finale.
Friday, December 04, 2009
Wednesday, December 02, 2009
Nathan and Kathryn I liked their broadway routine-so sweet and who doesn't love White Christmas. IT was really sweet but I think Kathryn outperformed Nathan and maybe that is why Nigel didn't see the chemistry between the two. Their Rumba was okay-I think Kathryn again did a wonderful job but Nathan just is fading out. He wasn't very strong in this.
Legacy and Ashleigh Their contemporary was so good. I loved the mirroring sequence and also when legacy jumped off of Ashleighs leg-the the energy was there through the entire strenuous routine. I was really afraid of this pairing when I found out they were together and my feelings were justified in their second routine. The hip hop was so boring...arhh. No substance whatsoever.
Russel and Mollee Their first routine,by Mandi Moore was wonderful. The beginning lift was amazing as well as the link of arm throw that Nigel mentioned-it was so awesome. Loved It tremendously!!! And their last routine- the Jive was so fun to watch...love these two together.
Jakob and Ellinore Their quickstep was fun-i liked the part they came apart and kept their frame. All in all-it looked effortless.
Their contemporary peice had Sonja written all over it. It was so weird and funky and showcased both dancers' technique. I was intrigued enough by it because of how odd it was the movement-Jakobs flexibility and strength is amazing. He deifinitely is the best dancer on this show hands down. Ellinore showcases her partner really well and I am always drawn away from her because of it. I want her to stand out just a bit more. This is one power team.
Ryan and Noelle hip hop-didn't necessarily love this one. I think it was because the desk hid Ryan alot and maybe his inability to do more. Would have liked to see more side by side work with them. Noelle was just workin it and Ryan played the character well.
I really loved their Waltz-so captivating and soft and romantic. The only thing I would have changed was to pulle Noelle's hair back in some fashion.
Who I think will go based on the performances: Nathan or Legacy for the men and Noelle or Ashleigh -though I really hate to see any of the girls go-they are really all very close.
Who I would like to see go first: Nathan and Mollee
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Okay so here is how i ranked the couples after last night:
1. Ryan and Ellenore -These two are so charismatic-they play their parts and perform whatever they are given to their best abilities and it works so well!! Loved their Lindy and Broadway!!
1. Jakob and Ashleigh-Finallly Ashleigh was given Lyrical -so she got to show that she can do both ballroom and also a style that should have been more difficult for her. I still think they choreographed it rather safely still for her-no big jumps/turns for her to do. Still both routines were so Phenomenol!!
2. Legacy and Kathryn-I loved their Jazz routine and the waltz was so beautiful. Only one thing i was dissapointed in was that Legacy's waltz showed his weaknesses and comparing that to the other men dancers-I feel that he is going to be going home sooner than some others.
3. Noell and Russel-Loved their Contemporary-it was the best of the night for me. Just loved this routine so much-so wonderful-I wish it had been longer-i could have watched it forever. Their other routine however the samba-i agreed with the judges..just too airy and not grounded enough.
4. Mollee and Nathan-I actually thought mollee did a great job with the hip hop compared to what the judges thought. Her movement was overall good-just a few places that seemed a bit sloppy. Their can can was amazingly cute and they did a great job keeping me entertained throughout.
5. Karen and Victor-Liked their tango-again she gets' to play the sultry part..blah blah blah. I was expecting it to be just a bit sharper though. Hated their hip hop-i think they weren't together on lots of parts and could have done without the lifts because they didn't flow with the peice.
I think that Mollee and Karen are the two I would put in danger-but again, really comes down to what America thought and how they voted. I am really hoping to not see any of the others go though. For the men..Victor's time is up. He still hasn't drawn me in as an audience to his personality like the others have. While the rest shine on their own-he kind of is in the background. I cannot wait for next week and the change in partners..ooohh the change in dynamics is going to be something to look forward to. Here is who I hope get paired together:
Jakob and Noelle
Ryan and Kathryn
Nathan and Ashleigh
Legacy and Ellinore
Russel and Mollee
These partnerships would really match up well...at least that's if Karen and Victor are gone.
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
So lately I have been a little bummed because I haven't felt the baby move much. The Ultrasound tech had asked me if i felt baby move alot and I told her no, not really. It has been something that i've been a little concerned about because with the girls I could feel them move constantly by this point. She said she expected as much because of the location of my placenta is providing extra cushion-so it's normal. I was so relieved by that. One of the things I was looking forward to seeing on the ultrasound was the baby move. And baby didn't dissapoint-in fact when the tech went to it's feet-it decided to give me a little kick. I think it's so cute:
So although-we didn't find out what gender the baby is-it was so much fun to see that he/she is healthy. I will have to do another ultrasound next week because we couldn't get a good picture of the baby's heart-so next time I can let you know 100% that baby is as perfect as we think. And no-going in and looking at baby a second time around won't tempt me to find out what he/she is. Sorry. I told Joe before hand that he needed to be very observant on his own if he wanted to know what it was...luckily baby wasn't forthcoming with any information. Already knows to mind his/her mommy.
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Loved Jacob and Ashleighs soft hip hop-hit hard and flowed soft and right on-fabulous.
Loved Noelle and Russells Foxtrot-lucky to get it a second time-but she was so gorgeous and they looked like they were having fun and it was so smooth.
Loved Legacy and Katherine's Paso Doble-Stunning-so intense and powerful-YEAH for them!
Loved Channing and Victor's Jazz. -i loved the weird quirkiness of this and the beat so different-i was captured initially by this moving piece of art.
Loved Mollee and Nathan's Pop Jazz-so much fun and hip-totally meant for this young couple to dance.
Loved Ryan and Ellinore's Contemporary-left me breathless-wonderful to see how well these two are doing.
With that said I really was happy to see Kevin go but mixed about Channing getting the boot. I like her more than Karen but Karen has been more consistent-so I am thinking that is why they chose her over Channing. Still, having really loved Channing's solo and her routine from Wednesday night-makes me feel like she went home too early. Karen was getting rather boring with her sultry style all over the place all the time. Channing was just more refreshing. I have to say next week Karen has got to step up because i can't imagine the other girls going home before her...and to pick a guy for next week...really it's going to be hard-but I would say Victor has to step up-or he'll lose the votes.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Green Giant Canned Vegitables $.50
Ocean Spray Whole Cranberries $.88
Sweet Potatoes $.25/lb
Stovetop twin pack stuffing $1.50
Great Value Brown and Serve Rolls $.75
Campbells cream soups (mush&chick) $.58 use $1/2 or $1/4 IP $.08-.33
Heinz Gravy 12 oz $.75 use IP $1/3 $.42 each
Swanson chicken Broth 14 oz $.45 use $.25/4 11/08 SS $.39 each
Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers 12 oz. $1.50 use $.40/1 10/04 GM or IP $.50/1 $1.10 each
Pillsbury crescent or sweet rolls $1.50 $.50/2 or $.40/2 IP $1.25-1.35 each
Reddi Whip 7 0z $1.88 use $.50/1 11/15 SS or IP $1.38 each
Philadelphia cream cheese 8 oz $1.18 use $1/3 11/15 RP $.85 each
Great Value Butter 16 oz $1.50
Crisco Vegitable Oil $2 use $1/1 11/08 RP $1 each
Monday, November 16, 2009
used 2 $ .50/1 from the walgreens healthy coupon booklet
$.50 each + got $1 RR
Welches sparkling grape juice 2/7
used the $2/5 in ad store coupon + $2/1 coupon from coupons.com
= $.50 each
4 Aussie Mega Products on sale $2.99
used 4 $1/1 coupon from 10/11 P&G insert
=$1.99 each +got $2 RR
total spent $11.10 including tax received $10 in RR from Aussie Mega and Ricola items
Like spending $1.10 for everything.
Friday, November 13, 2009
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
1. Noelle and Russell-My favorite dance of the night-maybe my favorite of the season so far-. Loved the energy -I love love love african styled dancing and it was done so perfectly-both of them were so energetic and on beat. Loved her hands when Russel slid down her back leg and the handstand flips were so great. Liked the sequence of her moving behind Russel while he did some sharp hand arm choreography around his torso and head. Altogether such a wonderful routine. I could watch this one over and over and over again. YEAH!!!
1. Channing and Victor- Contemporary-I agree with the judges-it was so nice to see Channing's softer side and I love the story behind it and both did exceptionally well with this new partnership.
1. Ashleigh and Jakob-Jazz-loved this one-Huge 80's music fan-so this really had to live up to the music for me and they were awesome!! Sharp, stayed in character and the choreography was amazing for this.
2. Legacy and Kathryn-Broadway -so I really liked this-even though I could see Kathryn be more vixen like as the judged had wanted her to be. But thought this had so many creative elements to it that I just loved it. Fully entertained the entire time.
3. Karen and Kevin-it was nice and sharp-kind of cheesy cruise style entertainment-but still good.
4.. Pauline and Peter-Quickstep-loved this routine-so adorable but like Mary-yeah they should have been in a better closed position and connection was lost through those parts-so could have been way better.
6. Mollee and Nathan-Salsa- I enjoyed this one-even though there were tons of broken parts-I appreciated it.
7. Ryan and Ellinore-Hip HOp Not together at some points but yes-if he's this big guy and she's more compact-he has to move faster than she does to match movements..so really this was stellar considering that. I was bored with the story as Jeannette and Brandons Ruby Blue was similar-not hip hop though. So great-nothing exciting. Too much use of props.
That Pauline and Peter went home didn't surprise me much-I am happy with that because really neither of them have really become too noticeable at this point. The other dancers are each stepping up and demonstrating their characters and personalities more.
It is still a bit early to choose my favorite girls and guys but definitely I am liking Noelle and Kathryn. Can't tell about Ashleigh yet as none of the routines she has done in the past has made her have to do more than what I know she can-so I am waiting for a contem/mod peice before really putting her with the other two. For the guys-ofcourse I like Jakob and Nathan and Legacy/Russell are most likely going to be the underdog guys that I see coming through and winning america over. So can't wait for next week and more dances to help with my choices.
Thursday, November 05, 2009
Maybe it's because my kids don't have school today and tomorrow due to parent teacher conferences. Maybe it's because I am an emotional wreck because of my pregnancy hormones. Maybe it is the struggle I am having getting a hold of Amber's pediatrician to get the referral i need to set up the appointment for her much needed evaluation with the Occ. Therapist. Maybe it's trying to keep my children out of the candy left over from halloween. Maybe it's the constant nagging for a playdate after my kids just spent half the day with the neighbor kids. Or perhaps it that my house can be clean one minute and a disaster the moment i turn around. Maybe it's trying to figure out how to lessen the meltdown moments i have with Amber. Or the fact that I don't get to spend enough time with children A and C because child B is more demanding and what am i thinking to add child D to the situation. Maybe it's the pressure to find out what gender child D is going to be. And the entire sick feeling I am experiencing because of Child D inside my body. Really it's probably all of the above and even more that I can't even express right now. Either I don't have the time or the there is so much going on inside my brain that I can't seperate or focus on any or all of them in the short time I have tor write this post before starting dinner. Here is my real moment of craziness and yes I have crazy days and days where my imperfections follow me until i break. It's all normal right? It's what being a mom is right? But at least I've seen miracles in my life and know that I have my own special mission and it uplifts me enough to think Maybe next year I will go as Supermom for halloween. Yep I am truly CRAZY!!
Chex cereal bars $2.49 used 1 free chex bar coupon
3 Lipton Rice side dinners .99 each used $1/3
2 Prog chicken broth $1.49 used 2 $.50/1 coupons
3 betty crocker frosting tubs $1.69 each used 3 $.50/1
2 Chex mix $1.69 each used 2 $.50/1
2 Yoplus delights $2.49 used 2 $1/1
2 Yoplus yogurts $2/49 each used 2 $1/1
2 Pillsburgy Toaster Strudels $2.99 used 2 $1/1
Total OOP after coupons was $21.81 + recieved $15 catalina
5 Hamburger Helper meals $1.69 each used 1 $1/2 and 1 $.75/3
3 Lipton soup mixes ( no coupons) .99 each
6 progresso soups $1.69 each used 2 $1.10/3
2 Betty crocker cookie mixes $1.69 each used 2 $.40/1
2 Klondike Icecream bars $2.99 each used 2 $1/1
Total OOP after coupons and using $15 catalina $9.17 + received another $15 catalina.
So together I spent $15.98 on 34 items factoring in the catalinas = $.47 cents each item.
Wednesday, November 04, 2009
So here is how the dances ranked for me last night:
#1. Ryan and Ellinore Tango-so precise even with the skirt tangle.
#2. Legacy and Kathryn Contemporary -finally a cont piece that moved me!!
#3 Ashleigh and jakob's Waltz-so pretty and lovely
#4 Mollee and Nathan's Bollywood routine-so cool
#5 Noelle and Russel's Hip hop
#6 Karen and Kevin's- Hip HOp-the dancing was good-parts of the choreography i didnt' like.
#7 Bianca and Victor's Broadway-I really enjoyed this one
#8 Pauline and Peter Jazz-liked it but thought it was a little busy at some points
#9 Channing and Phillip Samba-stumbling here and there-channing definitely tried .
I think they picked the right guy to go home and only felt that Biance went home because the other girls show better potential to perform more variety of dance genres.
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Jakob and Ashleigh's Broadway -perfect-nothing bad about this routine, it had everything from both dancers.
Mollee and Nathan's Disco-this disco was so fun and so fast-i can't believe how much energy they had throughout the entire thing. Awesome.
Legacy and Kathryn's Hip Hop totally expected legacy to do awesome but Kathryn killed it-she did such a great job hitting everything so hard.
Hats off to:
Karen and Kevin-She danced circles around him and you couldn't watch anyone but her. Partly this wasn't his fault. I would have put him in a lighter costume as black on black-seriously he is hidden anyway. ( costume choice/lighting/background is important) But he still could have done more to match her.
Ryan and Ellenore Contemporary- I expected more out of Ellenore-performance quality was there and it was such a weird piece that i liked it.
Bianca and Victor cotemporary-It was nice -could have been brilliant if she had better technique like Adam commented on. Liked it, but wasn't blown away.
Just okay for me:
Russel and Noelles fox trot-mainly because he danced with sub Melanie (wish she was wearing a different dress color-too much black in entire routine/background would have like to see it broken up a bit.) I do think he did okay.
Brandon and Pauline: I really think it was such easy choreography and so there really wasn't room for them to impress anyone with this routine-not necessarily their fault, since he only had a few days to learn it. Was forgettable.
Channing and Phillip Jive- I think she did a descent job with her performance-both could have been sharper-If he performed more this would have been really cute.
Arianna and Peters' hip hop-just boring
I think the judged picked the right two to go home-it's who i think america would have voted off.
Billy Bell out of the competition.
Monday, October 26, 2009
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Friday, October 16, 2009
Friday, October 09, 2009
Thursday, October 08, 2009
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Wednesday, September 09, 2009
1. All day nausea
2. Excessive saliva
3. Excess bile in the stomach-which upsets my stomach-(makes me feel like i have acid reflux)
4. My head and stomach continually feel on fire
5. Sporadic headaches
6. Extremely high sensitivity to smells-even my own children smell to me sometimes *sad I know*
8. Body Aches
Well i thought I'd stop right there-that gives you all a general idea of what I have been feeling like 24/7. So after not keeping any thing down this last weekend, with all the medication I was taking, I decided to do more research on a more natural method. I had a friend who had some good results with vitamin b6/folic acid shot. I called my dr and they don't offer them. SO this morning as I was picking up some papaya mint chewables that are a natural antacid that are safe for me to take, I found a liquid B-complex vitamin with folic acid which is supposed to be the equivalent of the injection. So I took that with 1/2 a unison plus my psi bands and chewing on papaya mint tablets and i am so happy to report that it feels like it's working on my system. My nausea had decreased to the point where i was actually able to clean the bathroom and do two loads of laundry!!! So I feel like I am functioning better today compared to the past days. Hopefully this continues to work. At least I have felt some relief-I am so excited!!
Monday, August 31, 2009
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Monday, August 17, 2009
Plus Whintey lost another tooth today-she is so excited so I had to share!
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Simple-a hook and a basket for everyone.
Try the Hide it all in the closet method..