Tuesday, July 31, 2007
So after reading about some mischievous doings by other children, I thought I would make a post of the worst messes my children have made thus far-and which child was responsible.
1. One bottle of Hershey syrup spilled on carpet in apartment: it all came out-i was about 7 months pregnant with amber and scrubbed for at least one hour-then steam cleaned it the next day. I was determined to get our deposit back. -Whitney
2. One half gallon of paint-spilled on carpet in front room-child with it from the elbows down, after stripping child of clothes and hurriedly putting them in washer i grabbed our steam cleaner and started suctioning like mad-when i thought i had cleaned it all up, realized that child had decided to make the wall, fireplace and wooden built in hutch her creative canvases-with a final wipe off on the handrest of the couch. Needless to say not all of that came out-with exception of the tiled fireplace and wooden hutch-worked on that one first.---Amber
3. 3/4 bottle of baby oil gel in toddler's hair-washed her hair three times with baby shampoo, then with my shampoo. Then with dish detergent-that seemed to get the most oil out. She smelled like lemon scented joy for the next week. -Whitney
4. 90% of maple syrup bottle poured-not spilled-on carpet. Steam cleaned it three times..still sticky..used laundry detergent mixed with water...still sticky...Finally took someone's advice and boiled water as hot as i could and poured it over then toweled it up as good as possible. When it dries, i will let you know if it is still sticky.-Amber
5. Markers from eyesight level down-scribbled all over the walls-on some of the carpet-and all over two half-dressed children. Can't count how many towels went through that night or how loud the girls screamed as dad hosed them down in the shower. Didn't know whether to laugh or scream as I entered to find that mess. (Photo above tells some of the story) Amber seemed to have given whitney the 80's hologram makeup look to her eyes-in purple and blue and I think their bottoms were covered with all of the ink from the two brown markers-Joe couldn't stop laughing about that part. -Whitney and Amber
Hope this was enjoyable to read and that it makes you feel that you aren't the only parent who on occasion wonders if there will ever be a time when "too quiet" doesn't mean you are going to find a crazy surprise when seeking out children.
Monday, July 23, 2007
Yes-we are having daughter #3. Joe was really hoping for a boy but he loves his girls and will fall in love with this one when she comes. I am excited because we are already prepared for a girl. We also put our house up for sale today-we will most likely be relocating for work..not sure to where-but we will keep everyone updated.
Sunday, July 22, 2007
Thanks to Joe's sister for taking this picture of our family. It is like the only one we have of us. This is when we went camping for Joe's family reunion in June. We stayed in Teepees and the kids had so much fun swimming at the hot springs and playing with their cousins. Ofcourse we all came home with a good sun tan (or burn).
Sunday, July 08, 2007
We had Celebrated Whitney's fifth birthday with a Neverland Birthday Party. As she loves Tinkerbell she dressed up as the pixie herself and invited her friends to dress up as their favorite characters: We had a mermaid, some pirates, Wendy herself and a few lost boys including Peter Pan. We started off by greeting all of the kids at the indian camp and passing out headdressses. Then we played pin the star on the wand at Pixie Hollow. Here is a picture of the kids playing cannonball blast at Skull rock..they had to pop the balloons to find pieces to a treasure map..after putting it together they found the treasure chest buried at Mermaid Lagoon behind the waterfall (our bathroom decorated w/fish and shells-we hid the chest in the bathtub behind the shower curtain). Then we divided up the loot (gift bags filled with $store coins/jewelry and pirate booty) and had cake and presents.