Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

Berries

Over the weekend we were given about 6 raspberry starts for our garden which we planted next to the other three we had purchased a week earlier. I am hoping to have plenty to pick this year to put up some jam and crossing my fingers I will have some strawberries as well.
We planted some strawberries about 3 years ago and they haven't produced any fruit at any time-at least we don't think so-last year when we had renters in the house-they may have produced some-but I heard from two of my neighbors that none of their strawberries produced last year-so I am doubtful. Anyway instead of ripping them all out and starting form scratch I decided to replant them all. So I dug up the huge patch that we allowed to just grow wild and separated all of them and replanted them into three rows underneath the raspberries. I am not sure how they will do-but many of them had flowers on them and some had buds, maybe that is promising. I don't really know anything about growing strawberries --but I guess I will soon learn if this works. If not -at least I will have plenty of raspberries.

2 comments:

annies home said...

we used to have berries of all sorts at our old house these make great jam as you allready know
thanks for stopping by my blog and entering a great contest

Kristie said...

Mmmm..berries! We actually don't have any here at our place, but I would love to one day! I hope they are grow and produce for you!

Thank you for stopping by my blog to congratulate me-that was very sweet of you! I'm still shaking from excitement-LOL!