After Paint: We painted our front room, kitchen, dining room and hallway about three weeks ago and here are the pictures of before and after. We went with a khaki color-which is fun because in different lighting it goes from a light tan to a khaki green-as you can see in the second picture the garden shelf looks lighter than the the wal behind it. We also painted the ceiling white to open up the room since we went with a darker color from the original and wanted a nice contrast.
We started pulling up the flooring in the dining room and kitchen last Fri/Sat. The dining room was easy since there was carpet down there so we only had to pull up the carpet and padding. The portion under the bar and the kitchen however has turned into a nightmare just beginning. We have found out that our vinyl is attached to particle board which has not just been stapled-but glued heavily down to the plywood beneath it-which we are trying to salvage. It took about 6 hours for Joe to remove the 2 x 6 ft area you see him working on-so you can imagine how long it will take us to remove the entire kitchen floor using a skilsaw/chisel and hammer..very slow going. Wish us luck and that somehow the rest of floor might not be glued down as much as what we have encountered so far. To anyone laying floor-never use particle board and don't ever glue it all down...